Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Are You Feeding Your Loved Ones???

Nonna was well known for cooking and feeding her family very well. She was such a talent in the kitchen and really had some award winning dishes. Even to this day, when I have a great meal, my thoughts go toward my mother.

I asked you if you are feeding your loved ones because if you are not, you are missing out on one of life's greatest treasures. Yes, Nonna was a great cook, but she also excelled in feeding her loved ones much more than food. She also fed us love, understanding, commitment, laughter, sympathy, dedication, and everything else that makes up a great mother.

The nourishment that you offer to those around you should become your best gift. Be kind, when it may be easier to be mean. Be considerate, like you are when you try to create a good impression on strangers. Show sympathy when your loved ones are struggling with something important to them. Make a commitment to be the best person you can for those who care about you. Laugh as much as possible when you get the chance, laughter is great medicine.

Nonna was all of these things and much, much more to those she cared for. It was a way of life for her. It all comes down to making a sacrifice sometimes, to be this way, but the rewards that you will receive will far outweigh those sacrifices. Ask yourself this, am I putting as much effort into my personal life as I put into my career? It's totally up to you to decide!

Love John

1 comment:

  1. John,
    Another wonderful remembrance of your mom! One of my favorites was her chicken and dumplings, the dumplings were like heaven-made!
    Keep up this blog, this is wonderful John

    ReplyDelete